Nimbata’s Dynamic Number Insertion feature allows you to dynamically swap the phone number displayed on your website, with the tracking numbers you have setup under your account.
This will allow you to collect and send visitor session information (such as campaign, keyword or adgroup that drove the call) to Google Analytics.
- To begin, navigate to Setup – Dynamic Number Insertion from the Menu Bar.
- Under Swap Method select the method you wish the script to search for and replace the number on your site (choose between Phone Number or Span tag).
- If you choose the “Phone Number” method make sure you input the phone number exactly as it is displayed on your website, with any spaces, dashes, etc (e.g. +1 888 342 3452). If you wish to have the script replace a link (e.g. a "Call Now button") then also include the number as is displayed in the link (e.g. +18883443452) with no spaces.
- Choose between First Click or Last Click Attribution, and in case of First Click attribution, choose if a certain source should always take priority over others.
- Set the cookie day policy in alignment with how you attribute conversions for clicks, so visitors continue to view the same tracking number upon each visit (default is 21 days). Also make sure to include the domain name in case you want to track callers between subdomains.
- Enable redaction, removal of cc prefix or tracking for single page sites.
- Click on Save and swapped tracking numbers will appear on your site using the styling & formats from your configuration setup.