It’s not every day that you sign up for a new tool, so let me show you the best way to gain insights on what drives calls towards your business.
Nimbata’s Dynamic Number Insertion feature allows you to dynamically swap the phone number displayed on your website, with the tracking numbers you have setup under your account.
This will allow you to collect and send visitor session information (such as campaign, keyword or adgroup that drove the call) to Google Analytics.
- To begin, navigate to Setup – Dynamic Number Insertion from the Menu Bar.
- Under Swap Method select the method you wish the script to search for and replace the number on your site (choose between span tag or Number).
- If you choose the “Number” method make sure you input the phone number exactly as it is displayed on your website (e.g. +1 888 340 8380)
- If you wish to have the script replace a link (e.g. a "Call Now button") then also include the number as is displayed in the link (e.g. +18883408380) with no spaces.
- Set the cookie day policy in alignment with how you attribute conversions for clicks, so visitors continue to view the same tracking number upon each visit (default is 21 days)
- The DNI tracking code is now ready for you to include on your website. Simply add the config line from the snippet below as a new tag. Alternatively, you may incorporate the code using our Wordpress plug-in. Before you proceed, remember to click “Save” to activate the script!
- Swapped tracking numbers will appear on your site using the styling & formats from your configuration setup.