Nimbata’s Dynamic Number Insertion feature allows you to dynamically swap the phone number displayed on your website, with the tracking numbers you have set up under your account.
This will allow you to collect and send visitor session information (such as campaign, keyword, or adgroup that drove the call) to Google Analytics.
- To begin, navigate to Setup – Dynamic Number Insertion from the Menu Bar.
- On the "Number Swapping" tab, select the method you wish the script to search for and replace the number on your site (choose between Phone Number or Span tag).
- If you choose the “Phone Number” method and you have only one number to swap with your tracking number, make sure you input this phone number exactly as it is displayed on your website, with any spaces, dashes, etc (e.g. +1 888 342 3452).
- If you choose the “Phone Number” method and you have more than one number on your website, click on the "Add Swap Group" button and enter your Swap Targets, namely the phone numbers to be replaced by your tracking numbers. Once again, make sure you input the phone numbers exactly as they are displayed on your website, with any spaces, dashes, etc (e.g. +1 888 342 3452).
- If you wish to have the script replace a link (e.g. a "Call Now button") then also include the number as is displayed in the link (e.g. +18883443452) with no spaces.
- If you have different phone numbers on your site, add a new swap group and assign the desired tracking numbers to each respective swap target.
- If you choose the “Span Tag” method, click on the "Add Swap Group" button and enter your Swap Targets, namely the html span tags on site to be replaced by your tracking numbers.
- In the "Attribution" tab, choose between 1st Click or Last Click Attribution, and in case of First Click attribution, choose if a certain source should always take priority over others.
- In the "Storage" tab, set the cookie day policy in alignment with how you attribute conversions for clicks, so visitors continue to view the same tracking number upon each visit (default is 21 days). Also, make sure to include the domain name in case you want to track callers between subdomains.
In the "Advanced" tab, enable redaction, removal of cc prefix, or tracking for single-page sites.
- Click on Save and swapped tracking numbers will appear on your site using the styling & formats from your configuration setup.