Before proceeding, make sure the desired brand for which you wish to add new tracking numbers is selected from the drop-down menu.
- If this is the first tracking number you are adding, click on the "Add Tracking Numbers" button to begin.
- If you already have tracking numbers under your brand and wish to add a new one, click on the "+" button, located at the bottom of the pane.
- You'll see the following pop-up window:
- Source vs Session: Click on session for more granular analytics, such as keywords and pages that drive calls. Tracking source will be automatically set to "Google Ads (Search & Display)". Session-based tracking will require a pool of numbers for each source being tracked. To determine the right amount of tracking numbers for your site, head over to Google Analytics and check the peak of hourly users from paid sources. Divide this number by 4 to get the recommended quantity of tracking numbers needed.
- Tracking source: Choose the source for which you want to track calls from (e.g. Organic search or Social)
- Quantity: Set the number of tracking numbers you wish to add for the specific source
- Tracking Name: Give the tracking name an alias of your choice (e.g. SEO calls, Facebook, etc..)
- Country: Select the country of choice, state, and prefix
You should end up with a setup like the one below:
- When ready click on "Get Tracking Number".
- A confirmation message with your order will appear.
- Your number will appear in the list of tracking numbers under your brand.
- Repeat the process to add new tracking numbers for additional sources.